Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Flat Ruthie made it to The Apparent Project. To say the founders are walking saints would be an understatement. Shelley and Corrigan have done such amazing work in such a truly mindful way, it is awe-inspiring.  Most everyone who knows me has heard me talk about the beads/jewelry made from recycled paper.  This just skims the surface as to all their ministry encompasses.  They have truly immersed themselves into a Haitian community and listened to the NEEDS, DESIRES and DREAMS of the Haitian people and have sought out ways of education and employment to give their community a HAND UP, not a hand-out. They are teaching community by living and respecting in this community. I left today even more inspired and awed by their work. When I grow up, I want to be just like them. Be mindful. Be respectful. Be inspiring, Be intentional, Seek justice And DO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment